Lesson 7 | V-Ray IES
V-Ray IES is a spotlight with photometric curve:
- Load .ies file into “NONE” to assign a photometric curve
- You can download tons of .ies files for free on lamp website producers
- “Nice.ies” is the most famous IES file because it works really good
- Power is not expressed in “watts”, so don’t worry about so high values
- The V-Ray IES power is measured in
candleslumens (nothing changes)
Download this file and repeat the same procedure you watched in the video.
V-Ray Ies just simulate the light. Use VRayLightMtl to simulate the source light.
Use “compensate exposure” for fast setting – If your V-Ray does not include this option, just increase the multiplier.