1. What does the COURSE + BOOK offer consist of?
If you buy "V-Ray Course | 5SRW Method" in bundle with the book "Chiaroscuro with V-Ray" in a single payment, you pay: the cost of the course (check the current offer) + 60$, which corresponds to the book price without any shipping costs! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to know how to complete the purchase
2. I have never used 3ds Max, SketchUp or Rhino. How can I learn V-Ray?
V-Ray is a plugin that works in different 3d software. Our courses cover 3ds Max, SketchUp and Rhino and even if you have never used them, we also add a set of free lessons to learn the basics of 3ds Max, SkethUp or Rhino so you can easily follow the V-Ray course
3. When will this offer expire?
If a countdown is active, the offer will be extended for an extra 24 hours with each new sign up
4. What are the costs of renewing my subscription after the 1st year?
90 USD - Renewal is not automatic and after the 1st year you can get it for 90 USD. It includes lessons, updates if necessary with respect to the photographic method, instructor support and access to 5SRW and Learnvreay certifications (if they have not already been obtained)
1. How does the course work?
After signing up, you will have immediate access to all online lessons. You can study according to your time and contact the support team if you encounter difficulties with the explanations or files. You can also participate in the reserved group on Facebook and you will have access to the '5SRW Certification for V-Ray' exam. At the end of the subscription you can renew and add new advanced lessons at a reduced cost, reserved only for members
2. How can I pay?
You can pay by credit/debit card, Paypal or Bank transfer. Select your preferred payment method at the bottom of the Registration Page
3. Can I pay in US dollars if I have a different currency?
Sure, it's all automatic. You can safely pay your subscription with your cards, paypal or bank: the conversion is made according to the daily exchange rate (your bank may apply a conversion fee)
4. The course fee appears in dollars. How can I convert it to my currency?
Google can help you: type, for example '290 Dollars in Euros' or other amounts/currencies to know the amount in your currency
5. Can I pay with my personal credit/debit card and get the invoice issued to a company?
Yes, you can get the invoice according to your needs. Once you make a payment go to your dashboard and visit the section "Customer profile" to add the company datas. Then go to the "Payment History" section to download the updated invoice
6. Is it possible to pay in installments?
Yes, you can split the payment into 2 installments: just pick the '2 installment' in the sell page. You will access the first half of the course in the first 30 days, then the rest of the course after the payment has been completed. For any question contact us at email@example.com
2. Where can I Sign-Up for the 5SRW method with V-Ray for 3ds Max?
You can start your account right now --> [ SIGN-UP ]
3. All scenes are available for V-Ray NEXT (compatible with V-Ray 3)
In the download section of each lesson, you will find all the versions you need
4. For which version of V-Ray is the course recorded?
Those enrolled in the 5SRW course intend to learn first the 5SRW method and the photographic approach, which by its nature is universal.
The course is updated to V-Ray NEXT, and it's fully compatible with V-Ray 3.
5. What version of 3ds Max is required?
The 3ds Max files included in the corse are compatible with any version of 3ds Max, 2014 or superior
1. I have never used SketchUp, can I follow the course?
Absolutely yes. The subscription includes 10 additional lessons, dedicated exclusively to learning SketchUp. V-Ray is a plugin for Sketchup and these extra lessons will help you become familiar with the work environment, to enjoy the main course.
3. Where can I Sign-Up for the 5SRW method with V-Ray for SketchUp?
You can start your account right now --> [ SIGN-UP ]
4. For which version of V-Ray for SketchUp is the course recorded?
Those enrolled in the 5SRW course intend to learn first the 5SRW method and the photographic approach, which by its nature is universal. The course has been recorded using V-Ray for SketchUp 3.4/3.6 and we also have all the updates about V-Ray NEXT. Sometimes the interface can change a bit (this happens every week) but the software is still the same.
5. What version of SketchUp is required?
The Sketchup files included in the corse are compatible with SketchUp, 2015 or superior
2. Where can I Sign-Up for the 5SRW method with V-Ray for Rhino?
You can start your account right now --> [ SIGN-UP ]
3. For which version of V-Ray for Rhino is the course recorded?
Those enrolled in the 5SRW course intend to learn first the 5SRW method and the photographic approach, which by its nature is universal. The course has been recorded using V-Ray for Rhino 3.6 and we're currently working on the V-Ray NEXT updates. Sometimes the interface can change a bit (this happens every week) but the software is still the same.
4. What version of Rhino is required?
The Rhino files included in the corse are compatible with Rhino 5 or superior
1. Do I need a V-Ray License to start the course?
If you don't have a copy of V-Ray already installed, you can download a 30-day Demo, or purchase an EDU (or Commercial) license from Chaosgroup.com
2. Do I need to know V-Ray to start the course?
No. The 5SRW course includes 10 lessons to get to know V-Ray. The course starts from scratch and you can study with us even if you have never opened V-Ray before
3. Do I need to know photography?
No, the course has been designed to mix V-Ray and Photography gradually, following a solid structure and progressive lessons. You will learn how to use photography and V-Ray from scratch
4. Do I need to know Photoshop?
No, our course starts from the basics and moves to more advanced topic gradually. You will easily learn all the post production techniques using Photoshop
5. Do I need to know 3ds Max?
Don't worry if you’ve never used it before. You'll find 7 extra lessons to learn 3ds Max from the beginning (no additional costs). This extra content is available in English and Italian
6. Do I need a special PC to start the course?
Absolutely not. We use light scenes to explain all the concepts. So a 'regular' PC or laptop (i5 processor, for example) will be fine to carry out all the exercises included in the course
7. Is this course perfect for me?
Each video lesson is approximately 15 minutes and, more importantly, each lesson goes straight to the point! You don't have time to waste and we want to give you all the contents in the easiest and fastest way possible. This course has been designed for professionals and students who want to start with V-Ray and realistic renders, learning the process with the photographic approach in the simplest way
1. Is the course only available online?
Yes, video lessons are only accessible online. Access to the platform, support, to the reserved group and to the Certification are part of the package called "1-Year FULL" and is all available exclusively online
2. Are the videos subtitled?
Yes, you can enable English subtitles in each video lesson
3. Is the course scheduled, or am I free to study?
The course is self-paced. You can access and review the lessons infinite times, at any time. Each lesson includes a video (around 15 minutes), text, images and START and END versions of the 3D files. For any problems, curiosity or clarification, you can personally contact our trainers using the box message under the lesson or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Do the online course and book have the same contents?
It's much better. Many of our members have both and they regard them as complementary to each other. The book offers additional perspectives on the lessons offered. The book acts as a resource to broaden your understanding and expand your horizons
5. Can I download videos?
The videos are only available in streaming and are combined with the support
1. May I ask the instructors all my doubts?
Of course. If something is not clear in the lessons, you have to ask! We will clarify all your doubts. In particular, especially we will help you focus your energy on relevant topics to avoid wasting your time
2. Can I have a review on my personal projects?
You can share your projects on our Facebook group. The group is restricted to Learnvray Members and you’ll find many great artists around the world, ready to share their ideas with you
3. Will I be able to develop works like the ones I see in the gallery?
That is our desire and goal! We can guarantee that the works you see in the gallery are the result of learning our method and the contents we offer. Much, however, depends on you and your desire to learn and practice. We'll provide you with all the necessary knowledge to achieve the best results
4. How much time will it take me to be able to produce such amazing renders?
It is up to you. You know, passion and perseverance are the keys to success. The 5SRW course is a way to amplify your potential and to shorten the learning time. Ultimately, it depends on you. Our goal is to help give you relevant knowledge, so that you can focus your energy on what really makes a difference in order to get your results in much less time
1. How does the test work?
In order to pass the first part, candidates will need to correctly answer 85% of 100 questions. The second part of the examination consists of resolving real problems or implementing a specific procedure of 5SRW to specific scenes / Visit the Official Page
2. In how many languages is available the certification test?
The first part of the exma is availabnle in English, Spanish and Italian
3. Is the 5SRW Certification valid for any V-Ray platform?
Yes, since the test mainly focuses on the photographic techniques to use with V-Ray, and these are pretty universal
4. Is there an extra fee for the certification test?
The fee is included in the subscription. 3 months after subscribing, you can book your test when you prefer
5. Will I get the certification I've completed the course, or do I need to pass a test?
We only offer official certifications and you’ll need to pass a test to get it
6. What if I fail the first attempt of ‘5SRW Certification for V-Ray’?
You can do the test again after 3 months by paying a modest fee of $30. The first attempt is already included in your subscription fee (statistically those who have followed the method taught have almost always cleared the certification at the first attempt)