V-Ray IES is exactly like a spotlight, with a photometric curve.
- Click “NONE” to assign a photometric curve (.ies file)
- You can download tons of .ies files for free on lamp website producers
- “Nice.ies” is a famous IES file that works really good
- Power is not expressed in “watts”, so don’t worry about so high values
- The V-Ray IES power is measured in candles and lumens (we use lumens, but nothing changes)
Download this file and repeat the same procedure you watched in the video.
V-Ray 5: ES07-VRAY_IES.ZIP
V-Ray Ies just simulate the light. Use VRayLightMtl to simulate the light source.
Use “compensate exposure” for the fast setting – If your V-Ray does not include this option, just increase the multiplier.