Lesson#9 – HDRI Lighting
Video language: Chinese
You can use an HDRI map to illuminate your scene and get interesting reflections on shiny objects and get different tones by simulating an environment. Here you’ll learn to work with a dome light.
- Use V-Ray Light in “Dome” mode (units = default, don’t use watts!)
- Load the HDRI map in the V-Ray Light properties in Color/Texture HDR slot.
- Increase multiplier to increase the light in the scene
- Use “horizontal rotation” to rotate the environment.
- Enable “Use Transform” if you want to synchronize the dome’s direction with the HDRI’s direction. This is recommended to save time instead of trying horizontal values randomly.
- In “Shape” use Hemisphere you have only sky map (black ground) on your HDRI texture. Use Sphere if your HDRI map is has both ground and sky together.